10.22.2008

So close i can SMELL it!!

There are two very exciting things i'm smellin in my life as of recent! Yes, naturally one should follow after the other. And yes, i may be doing things a bit out of order. But frankly... i don't see any other way! I've been unfortunate thus far to not have been able to attend hair school since graduation, due to many very sad cercumstances. And it's finally, FINNNALLLLY, a do-able thing for us! Hair is my LIFE and i can't imagine any other career for me!!!(of course other then the 'way too stinkin expensive' fashion school!) But that's the one; the ONE thing i've been striving to master since i was 14!! After six years, i feel i know as much (if not more) then most...but i am not too proud to say i DO in fact need the extended training hair school offers. I applied to three schools in my area...so im praying they have a spot for me next Spring!

On the other hand... Ryan and I have been yearning for children for many months now. Last month was an emotional time when we found that we were not pregnant. We had not been trying actively, but there was a chance...and it didn't happen for us. We had had long talks before about when to start trying for kids, and each time we concluded that we just weren't anywhere near stable enough financially. But how "ready" can you really be? Is anyone really "ready"?! Sure you try to be smart about the timing, but when it feels right it just FEELS RIGHT! We know we will be blessed with the means necessary as we do our part in multiplying and replenishing the earth. We have every faith in that! I know we've both felt this way, but myself especially... i've really felt that now is the time to have children for us! So...we're going to start trying!!!

If you haven't put two in two together...i will be attenting Cosmetology School while pregnant! Yes it'll be tough, but they are two dreams SOO important to me! I will be able to take up the 3 months leave from school and return to finish it off! I am not worried... it will all work out...and i couldn't be MORE excited!! i will have my little hair school baby, and he/she will be such an amazing blessing!

11 comments:

Natalie said...

yay for babies! :)

Callie. said...

things will work out as they should. Good luck doing both. Hopefully mastering school and babies at the same time will be easier for you than for me. It is hard! But you can do it. After all, you're Cindel!! And you have a great husband.Miss you guys and can't wait to see you at Christmas.

Traci Elizabeth said...

Hey Ryan! Its Traci Burnham (Price)...congrats on your marriage, your wife is adorable!! You two make the perfect couple. Our blog is private but if you would like to view it, email me at trayc909@yahoo.com

Good luck with the children thing...we have two and it is an amazing experience to have them in our lives!

Cindel, I don't know where you guys live, but my sis is almost done with cosmetology school at Fullerton College and has really liked their program.
Good luck!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

How funny, remember the Myspace days of frustration waiting and waiting to get to this place in life? Kip and I are FINALLY trying as well. I thought last month I might be because I was 5 days late, but no such luck! It is SO SAD to find out your not when you want it SO BAD!!!! I am just trying to not stress about it and believe that it is all in the lords hands anyway. Hopefully we are both growing babies at the same time. Good Luck to you guys!
Also CONGRATS on the Hair thing!!! SO COOL!
See you guys on Fri, CANT WAIT!!!

Heidi said...

How exciting! babies are the best! I know you guys will be blessed. and I dont think that anyone is really "ready" for a baby. But once you know its the right time, it gets so frustrating when that time of the month comes around.

Best of luck to you guys!

Carolyn Baggett said...

this is such GREAT news, I'm all for babies and just trusting in the Lord. and, I'm so proud of you for going after your dreams with children and hair school,,, you can do it!!!

The Special Reds said...

Great news about hair school! Your baby will come when he/she's supposed to and it will all work out! By the way, did you ever get my email about Oak Glen next Sat, Nov. 1st? I think it should be a family thing.

Lisa Webb said...

Good luck with babies, it will happen! Babies are the best! Oh and its NEVER The RIGHT time, We thought financially it was the right time, but then we had landon and everything changed, what can you do? Such a blessing. love you guys!

Kristina and Marcel said...

i'm sorry for spying on your blog but you are friends with my best friend nicole and to sum it up we have a newborn baby who i can't put down so i spend a lot of time sitting with our laptop with a baby in my arms :) When I read your post I couldn't help but feel like I was reading my own story. I was in hair school less then 2 months when i found out i was pregnant and we too were worried about the financial aspect of having a baby but we knew that Heavenly Father would provide as we were obedient to the Spirit telling us it was time. Let me tell you our little guy is such a joy and no amount of money can do that. We are blessed and taken care of! But going back to school is the hard part! You guys will have a beautiful baby. :)

Dana & Genni Bain said...

It all works out..trust me, I know, just like every parent out there. Life is just expensive, no matter how prepared you are, things will happen. So have faith and trust and you will be blessed. Children are the most amazing treasures in the world, like my quote says on my blog....
"A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty." -unknown
It'll all work out...we wish you good luck, and Don't Stress it!

The Special Reds said...

Yeah! See you Saturday! Karina isn't sure she can go yet.